Looking for a different type of work environment? At Foster Veterinary Hospital we support our community by extending the bond between our clients and their pets. We do this by providing unparalleled patient and client care in a progressive, fun, and team oriented setting.
The Following Positions Are Currently Available:
Are you searching for a place with part-time hours? Do you value an environment where each player works together to deliver top-notch service and care? Awesome! We have the perfect opportunity for you to join our team.
Foster Veterinary Clinic has been proudly serving the Foster, Rhode Island community since being founded in the 1960s. Located on the Rhode Island, Connecticut border, Foster is the ideal rural place to live with quick access to everything. From hiking to the highest point of Rhode Island at Jerimoth Hill, to kayaking, to enjoying the outdoors in the local parks, there is something for every outdoor enthusiast to enjoy. Conveniently located, just a 45-minute drive to Providence or 1.5 hours from Boston, hop in the car for a day or weekend trip in the city!
Here at Foster Veterinary Clinic, our care focuses on wellness and preventive medicine. We offer vaccines, early detection labwork, tick borne illness testing, digital radiology, digital dental radiology, soft tissue surgery, cardiac and abdominal ultrasound, and therapeutic laser treatments. Our top priority is our clinic’s culture. We foster an environment based on teamwork and cohesiveness. We understand the difference in tasks for both our doctors and support roles, and provide support to one another to reach the finish line!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of small animal cases
- Perform small animal surgeries with opportunities for mentorship if desired
- Maintain a positive and supportive work environment
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program is required
- Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of Rhode Island
- Flexible scheduling - must be available to work three shifts per week
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred, new grads encouraged to apply
- Surgical and dental experience preferred
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and continuous learning
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Positive team player who motivates staff with encouragement
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
What’s In It For You
- Hourly rate plus bonus eligibility
- Profit sharing eligibility
- No on-call, overnight, or emergency hours
- Health insurance allowance
- Paid time off
- Dedicated CE days
- Licensure fee coverage
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to [email protected]